ADD: To put ingredients together; to put one ingredient with the others.
- Add more salt to the dish if necessary. Ավելացնել
BAKE: To cook in an oven using heat and without extra fat, oil or liquid.
- It smells good in the kitchen because I’m baking a cake. թխել
BARBECUE: To cook food (usually meat) by using fire or hot coals on a grill outside.
- I’m going to barbecue some sausages for lunch. խորովել
BEAT: To stir (usually eggs, cream, butter) quickly and continually to make a smooth or frothy mixture.
- Beat the cream until it starts to thicken. խփել
BLEND: To mix two or more substances so they combine together. Often done in an appliance called a blender which has quickly rotating blades.
- You can blend fruit to make your own smoothie. խառնել
BOIL: To heat water or another liquid until little bubbles form.
- Boil the potatoes until they are cooked. Եռացնել
BREAK: To separate into smaller parts by force.
- Break the eggs into a glass bowl. կոտրել
BROIL: To cook meat or vegetables on a rack with an extremely high temperature. բրոշ
CARVE: To cut meat into slices. կտրել
- Who is going to carve the Thanksgiving turkey?
CHOP: To cut into small pieces, generally used with vegetables. կտրատել
- Chop the spring onions then add them to the dish.
COMBINE: To put two or more things together. միավորել
COOK: To prepare food by heating it so that it is not raw and can be eaten.
- Cook the chicken until there are no pink parts. եփել
CRUSH: To cause to separate or flatten by extreme force, often used with garlic. փշրել
CUT: To separate or divide a solid by using a knife.
- He cut the meat into little pieces. կտրել
DRAIN: to remove excess liquid from food after washing or cooking it.
- Drain the water from the pot of spaghetti. քամել
FRY: To cook by putting the food into extremely hot oil.
- I fried some bacon and eggs for breakfast. տապակել
GRATE: To divide into small parts by rubbing on a serrated surface, usually used with cheese.
- Grate a large carrot and add it to the salad. քերել
GREASE: To coat with oil or butter.
- Make sure you grease the pan before putting the mix in otherwise the cake will stick to the sides. քսուք
GRILL: To cook by putting the food on a grill; similar to barbecue. Also refers to heating the food under a grill in a cooker which radiates heat downwards. խորովվել
KNEAD: To press and stretch dough with your hands. Usually used when making bread.
- Knead the dough for the pizza base. հունցել
MEASURE: To obtain an exact quantity or amount of an ingredient.
- Measure exactly half a teaspoon of curry. Չափել
MELT: to make something become liquid through heating.
- Melt the butter before adding it to the mix. հալել
MICROWAVE: To heat up food with a microwave oven.
- Remove the food from the metal container before you microwave it.
MINCE: to grind food, normally meat, into small pieces. A machine is often used to do this. մանր կտըրտել
MIX: To combine two or more things using a spoon, spatula, or electric mixer.
- Mix the flour, melted butter and sugar together. խառնել
OPEN: To remove the top from a can or jar.
PEEL: To remove the skin or outer layer from fruit or vegetables.
- Peel the potatoes before boiling them. կլպել
POUR: To transfer liquid from one container to another.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the pears. Լցնել
ROAST: To cook (usually meat and vegetables) in the oven or over a fire.
- We are going to roast the chicken and vegetables. տապակել
SAUTÉ: To quickly fry food by placing it in hot oil in a frying pan.
SCRAMBLE: To mix the white and yellow parts of eggs together while cooking them in a pan.
- Scramble the eggs in a frying pan.
SIFT: to put a fine substance through a sieve so as to remove lumps or large particles.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Sift
SLICE: To cut into thin or wide portions that are of similar size.
- Slice the tomatoes and add them to the salad. բարակ կտրատել
SPRINKLE: to cover an object or surface with small drops or particles of a substance.
- Sprinkle icing sugar over the cake. Շաղ տալ
SQUEEZE: to extract a liquid or soft substance from something by compressing it firmly.
- Squeeze the juice from three lemons. ճզմել
STEAM: To cook by placing the food above boiling water. Steam is the vapor that comes from hot water. գոլորշի արձակել
STIR: To mix liquid ingredients by moving a spoon around in a circular motion.
- Stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.Խառնել
STIR-FRY: To cook small pieces of food by moving it quickly in a wok or pan with hot oil.
- I’m going to stir-fry these vegetables. խառնել-տապակել
TENDERIZE: to make meat softer and easier to eat by beating it or adding marinade before cooking it.
- I think we should tenderize the steak before cooking it.
WASH: To immerse food in water to make sure it becomes clean.
- Wash the strawberries before cutting them into pieces. լվանալ
WEIGH: To measure the weight (grams, ounces or pounds) of something.
- Weigh the mix to make sure you have the right amount. կշռել
WHISH: to mix liquids, eggs, etc. into a stiff light mass, using a fork or a special tool (such as a whisk).
- Whisk all of the eggs together with the milk. Հարել